Tricky Slice of people based on info in another table

Hello everybody,

I’ve been pulling my hair for a long time now, and haven’t found the adequate help among the existing topics here. So I’m asking for help on my specific problem.

• Table “Person” : list of all people in the company (many columns, among which key and email)
  • Table “Role” : I have a list of existing roles in my company (2 columns : Key and name of each role)
  • Table “Person Role” : Since 1 person can have several role, and 1 role can be populated on many people, I created a list of all combination between people and their role(s) (3 column : link key, person key and role key)

My first need :
I want to be able to assign each person to his/her Manager

when I fill the column “Person”[Manager], I need to display only the real Managers of my company. So I guess I need a filter or a slice for that.
Basically, I need to lookup in the table “Person role” and show only the Person Key where [Role]=“Manager”
So easy with SQL, but I’m hitting a wall here

My second need
Also, I want to be able to show his/her full team to each Manager. Therefore I need to be able to select all the people for with the assigned manager is the current user.
I guess I need to link with the USEREMAIL, but in my user table, the information stored for Manager is the Key. How can I do ?

Any help would be much appreciated I going crazy with all this…

0 10 778
10 REPLIES 10
Top Labels in this Space