Trying to make a Dynamic Search Filter for my users to sort through data!

Hello!

I have a big database of songs with many different columns such as genres, themes, and vocal range etc. that I would like my users to be able to filter and search through more easily. I tried using a form, with Enumlist columns so users can input multiple genres or other types of variables into their search. But Iโ€™m having trouble getting the form to then LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW. It just either brings me to a blank page, or the regular data without filtering any info selected at all. Please help!

Iโ€™ve been using this expression in the behavior LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œBy Songsโ€, AND([Genre] = [_THISROW].[Genre], [Tempo] = [_THISROW].[Tempo], [Vocal Type]= [_THISROW].[Vocal Type])). The intention would be a user selects their desired genre, tempo and vocal type (such as โ€œContemporaryโ€, โ€œBalladsโ€ and โ€œTenorโ€) and then they would get a filtered view of only the songs with those matching categories.

Am is using the wrong expression? I am only testing with a few columns as well there is other columns Iโ€™d like them to be able to filter through with their search. I hope someone can help me.

I used this sample app to try and mimic what it is doing with its own search filter function, but with the ability to make multiple selections.

Thanks in advance!

1 12 4,574
12 REPLIES 12
Top Labels in this Space