UX View & Show_If Constraint Oddities

For the longest time I have been using SELECT statements to form my app around who is using it. I have known for quite a long time that this is not the most efficient way to go about it and recently decided to change this.

An interesting post I found by @MultiTech_Visions regarding this is here Current_User (Slice).

Generally, his method of conforming the app around WHO is using it, works wonderfully. Everywhere I was using SELECT statements, the expression builder dutifully informed me that the expression could impact performance. When I replaced those select statements with INDEX statements based on @MultiTech_Visions example, the expression builder no longer reported any performance issues.

The one exception has been with restricting views.

The expression IN(INDEX(CurrentUser[Role],1),LIST(Admin, Manager)) evaluates correctly BUT, the view is not shown.

The expression IN(ANY(SELECT(Users[Role], USEREMAIL()=[UserEmail])), LIST(Admin,Manager)) also evaluates correctly and DOES show the view.

Both expressions evaluate to the same results yet have opposite effects?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

@MultiTech_Visions @Steve

Solved Solved
0 36 1,181
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you @WillowMobileSystems.

Turns out to have been the allow updates SWITCH statement.

Removing the SWITCH statement from the table has allowed all the expressions Iโ€™ve tried thus far to function properly.

Now, I need to figure out how to use a similar expression with the SWITCH statementโ€ฆ

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Top Labels in this Space