Understanding User Management

Good evening Everyone,

At this time I am on the Free Plan. I created an Address Book app from scratch. Via the Security tab, I checked the box to require User Signin, but I donโ€™t yet employ row-level security. Right now, I just want to ensure that I am the only user who is authorized to use the app.

Via the Users tab, I shared the app with myself after entering my Gmail address. I received the email, and clicked the links to install the AppSheet app from the Play Store. All went well. I can use my app.

Question:
From the Users tab, it lists my Gmail address but says โ€œ(no response)โ€. Also โ€œ1 Invited / 0 Respondedโ€. For the life of me, I canโ€™t figure out how to change the status. I also tried replying to the email.

I tried to restrict access to the app my changing the dropdown from โ€œCan use appโ€ to โ€œCan view definitionโ€ but that had no effect. I tried closing the app and restarting it but I still have full access to it.

I deleted myself as a user but I still have access to the app on my phone. I tried logging out and then back in, but I still have access.

Question:
Is there anyway to restrict access to a specific list of users? As it is now, anyone can install the app and gain access to the app via Google authentication. It is behaving like a public app, but what is the purpose of authentication?

Thank you,
Brian

1 7 511
7 REPLIES 7
Top Labels in this Space