Url field type

Hi. I am trying to get the url field type working. I have a table called Product_Master_File which has a column [Cubic Metres]. When adding a product not everyone will know the cubic metre value so I have added a virtual column, type url. I have another table called External_Links_Index with 2 columns i.e. [Url] & [Link Text]. So i want to use the app formula in the VC to pull out a specific row and make it a url link to the Cubic Metre Calculator Google Sheet.

I have something like this so far but it is returning a null value.

HYPERLINK(
ANY(SELECT(External_Links_Index[Url],CONTAINS([Url],1019016821))),
โ€œCubic Metres Calculationโ€)

The number in the CONTAINS part of the expression being the id of the tab in the google sheet. Am I on the right track here. Any help would be great, thank you.

Solved Solved
0 16 1,985
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For the Cubic Metres Calculation column:

1. Change the column type to Show.
  2. Set the Category to Url.
  3. Copy the current app formula to Content.
  4. Set App formula to "".

The reason youโ€™re getting the current behavior is because youโ€™re in a form. Forms exist to allow the user to edit column values, so the form is presenting the column value for editing. But Url column types arenโ€™t editable (for some reason, perhaps because they could have both link and label components), so the value is grayed-out. You want to present the value as a navigation element, not as an editable field, which is what the Show column type Url category is for.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Top Labels in this Space