User registration with different actions

I am trying to use a page in my app (frontend) to register users into my backend system. I have a spreadsheet that records user info which is then passed through to the backend via cloud functions on the Google Cloud Platform.

Ideally, if the current logged-in user hasnโ€™t been recorded in the table yet, then an โ€œAddโ€ action would be present such that they can register with their info. If the current user however has registered prior, an โ€œEditโ€ action would be present such that they can change whatever info they previously inputted.

This is similar to a question that I had asked previously, namely this but the solution here doesnโ€™t seem to work anymore. That is, Iโ€™m using

ISBLANK( FILTER( table , [email column] = USEREMAIL() ) )

for the โ€œAddโ€ action and

ISNOTBLANK( FILTER( table , [email column] = USEREMAIL() ) )

for the โ€œEditโ€ action. But this only seems to work with the โ€œEditโ€ action on not the โ€œAddโ€. In other words, if a user is brand new to the app, they canโ€™t register their info. Any particular reasons as to why this may be happening?

Your help is appreciated!

Solved Solved
0 4 472
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Steve Thanks for the info.

I switched to a card view and that seems to have solved the problems. The method of having actions with conditions such as

IF (IN(USEREMAIL(), alpaca_keys[user_id]), true, false)

or those described in the post I linked earlier all work for this situation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Top Labels in this Space