Valid_If causes field to be hidden.... My in...

Valid_If causes field to be hidden…

My interpretation of the Valid_If field is to validate the data entered into a field rather than determine whether the field should be hidden or displayed. Is this correct?

I have a expression that validates the choices presented to the user for selection. This expression checks to see if another field is blank or not. If the field is blank, it SHOULD present the user with an unfiltered list of choices. If the field being checked is NOT blank, it should display a list of options where criteria is met.

Currently, the expression is also determining whether the field should be displayed in addition to filtering the list of options.

I would like the field displayed regardless of the condition of the other field. I have set show_if to TRUE and disabled universal show_if. This seems to have no effect.

Both of the following expressions cause the field to be hidden if the checked field is blank. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IF(ISBLANK([_THISROW].[Corridor]),SELECT(Circuits[Circuits],CONTAINS(SELECT(Corridors[Circuits],[Corridor]=[_THISROW].[Corridor]),[Circuits])),SELECT(Circuits[Circuits],TRUE))

SELECT(Circuits[Circuits],CONTAINS(SELECT(Corridors[Circuits],[Corridor]=[_THISROW].[Corridor]),[Circuits]))

@Aleksi_Alkio @praveen

0 5 906
5 REPLIES 5
Top Labels in this Space