Virtual column changing values

Not sure if this is expected behavior or server memory management or something. We have a table with 3 columns that users edit in detail view to set a date range and client selection in order to filter data from a separate data table containing a few thousand rows. There are half a dozen virtual columns that then recalculate based on these criteria to create a real time report. While working on the report this evening I happened to leave it up on my screen for 10 minutes while working in another window, when i went back to it the numbers had changed in the virtual columns! In this case the dollars being reported had gone down by over a couple hundred thousand dollars so i was a bit surprised to say the least. i recreated it a few times to be sure. In each case the virtual columns changed but the values entered into the 3 criteria columns did not. is this behavior due to the virtual columns losing track of rows? How long do users have to review a virtual column before it changes and they can no longer โ€œtrustโ€ it?

0 18 1,128
18 REPLIES 18
Top Labels in this Space