Virtual value to be quickly refreshed before the page is loaded

Hi All,

I have a virtual field that displays the current user score (see .gif. Field in blue).

3X_f_a_fadad126b2f585e0c348c42dfed7da32e6d27a27.gif
Note: I cut out from this gif the waiting time for the score to be updated.

Every time the user taps on the Complete button, a record is added in a another table called Class_Card_Logs that stores all exercise cards that have been completed for that session. The expression of the virtual field is using a SUM(SELECT(Class_Card_Logs[Points], filter)). Then the user is redirected right away to another exercise card. The problem is that the virtual field doesnโ€™t have time to load the updated score before the page is loaded. So the user has to wait 5-10s to see the accurate score.

I canโ€™t think of any simple solution that wouldnโ€™t involve changing the architecture (ex: have a table to keep the score in a non-virtual field and showing it via a dashboard while showing the exercise detail view in another window of the dashboard). I could also do a full sync after each exercise completion but that wouldnโ€™t be user friendly.

Has anyone found some alternative to this problem?

Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 12 280
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Itโ€™s using the virtual column weโ€™ve already established wonโ€™t be updated, so of course itโ€™s going to have the same problem. Try computing the counts in the Content expression.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Top Labels in this Space