When you have long forms (from an audit for e...

When you have long forms (from an audit for example), is it maybe a good practice to break the form into several tables?

Then maybe allow the user to select which part of the form he will fill first, and maybe even fill part of it and return later?

I ask this because in an audit of a large area for example, you may check item 1, 2 and 3 and take photos of those in an areaโ€ฆ then move to the next area and check same items and take more photos of those items, etc.

If itโ€™s a single table, I gather the user would have to go scroll up and down on the form (and imagine if itโ€™s dozens of items) or go back and forth among pages if itโ€™s separated in pages.

As AppSheet doesnยดt have tabs as far as I know (if it had, maybe we could put each page of a form on a tab, each tab a different section), I am thinking if maybe best practice would be to have each different lenghty section of a form on a different table. Then a master table for each single audit/form, with links to the different sections?

I suppose the sections should be โ€œpartofโ€ of the main form (which can maybe have a header, where you get timestamp, who is performing the audit, etc)?

0 25 1,160
25 REPLIES 25
Top Labels in this Space