Who has a need for Appsheet Apps For Users Outside of your Company Domain

I have been thinking about this issue quiet a bit lately, but I have a need to make an application (or even multiple applications) available to users that are outside of our company domain but they still need to be authenticated.

I have come across possibilities of just adding user licenses at $5/user or $10/user and then maybe authorizing those users via the Okta domain feature. Lets say you have roughly 100 users/month that try to submit data to your organization on a monthly basis, that adds up to $500-1000 per month. Or the alternative would be to use the Publisher Pro plan and use a โ€˜hackyโ€™ way of authorizing your users, which ultimately is not really secure, but only $50/month.

So ultimately the question or discussion topic is who has a need to be able to present securely authorized Appsheet applications to a sub user group but has not done so because of the associated costs? What alternative did you develop and what were your upfront and or continuing costs having to run and maintain your alternative? And finally how likely would you use an alternative plan from Appsheet to be able to authorize a sub user base for applications if it existed?

The reasons I bring up this topic is looking at MS PowerApps they have introduced โ€˜Guest Portalsโ€™ at a flat rate per X users per month, which appears to be much more reasonable than the $500-1000/month. Going the traditional developer route of course presents a larger time investment and knowledge of programming (or alternatively an upfront cost for hiring a developer) but then using Firebase authentication and hosting, it is just based on resource consumption. I suppose that could be great also if Appsheet could provide a plan based on resource consumption of an application. On a side note Iโ€™m locked into the Googleverse already, so unlikely I would have the opportunity to use MS PowerApps to get my conundrum figured out.

Is this just wishful thinking???

2 25 1,605
25 REPLIES 25
Top Labels in this Space