Workaround for "Data change actions that are invoked by bots do not trigger other AppSheet bots."

hi, I’m struggling with finding a workaround for a limitation explained at: Bots: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center
saying:
“Data change actions that are invoked by bots do not trigger other AppSheet bots. For example, if a client device performs an add, update, or delete that triggers a bot, and that bot invokes a data-change action, that data change action will not invoke any bots.”

In short I have a situation where:

1. external app make a call using REST API which create an Order (parent) with Destinations (child) objects. Single Order can have multiple Destinations
  2. when status of one of Destinations is changed, it triggers a bot that changes Order (parent) status appropriately
  3. when status of Order is changed, I wanted to call another bot to trigger REST API call to external app

Right now I cannot find a workaround allowing me to do point 3. job. Scheduling is not an option, because action from point 3 should happen several times per day. I was thinking about an external system like Zapier or MS Flow calling an action on Order, but that’s also not a good option due to timing limitations - I need this action to happen as soon as possible (in seconds) after data change in action 2 happens.

Can anyone please support how this could be achieved?

Regards,
Jarek

0 5 391
5 REPLIES 5
Top Labels in this Space