Workflow: Send Email and Change Data Actions

Hi all,

I am creating a workflow rule that allows users to send a PDF via email and following that reset the data that has been changed.

However, these two actions are controlled under different tables so I was wondering how to combine table actions into one workflow?

The process is as follows;

1. User enters in a product Qty into Table A
  2. User goes to a separate view to say they have completed there order and clicks an action which changes the date/time of Table B
  3. This change triggers the workflow to send the PDF to the logged in user and other colleagues for approval purposes etc
  4. User then has to reset the value of all these Quantities to zero

The resetting used to be a manual process but my friend working on the project with me gained a very useful piece of functionality that allows you to reset the value by filtering out the rows not equal to zero. This is a major improvement on clicking into every single item with a qty value.

We are wondering whether is possible to combine this new feature with the email workflow - so instead of having to click into anything at all the action of filtering and resetting is done AFTER the workflow is thrown.

The obvious issue to me (why I am assuming I cant select the action created) is that we apply the workflow email change event to a Table B and the reset action applies within Table A.

Hope this is a good enough explanation as to what I am trying to achieve, really appreciate some feedback

Thanks, Sarah

0 4 433
4 REPLIES 4
Top Labels in this Space