Workflow rule not firing using child table

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the following, I have a workflow rule that has worked in previous apps without any problems, now however I am struggling to get this to work.

I have two tables, Requisitions (parent) and Items (child), you can add many Items to a requisition and Items has a โ€œIs Part Ofโ€ relationship to the requisitions table.

I have an Updates Only workflow set up to run when the Requisitions table is updated however I am struggling to get this to work, it wont even show up as failed in the log analyser.

I have another 2 apps where this exact workflow runs, column names, keys and relationships are all the same.

Has something changed on the back end so that this is no longer possible but retained that feature for older apps?

The only way I can get this to fire is if I set it to โ€œAdds Onlyโ€, however this does not include the following information in the email.

<<Start: [Related Items]>>
<<[Description]>>
<<[Quantity]>>
<<[Comments]>>
<>

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 9 563
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What happens when you try to update the parent record when all child records are saved? Does it work then?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Top Labels in this Space