Zebra T26 barcode scanner

Hi,

At my work we recently changed to use these devices Zebra T26 in our terminals.
They have a build-in scanner (Red light?), I dont know the correct name of this scan-type.

An old colleague of mine created powerapps long time ago. He is not interrested in updating the apps anymore, so I am starting to look deeper into this with Appsheet.  I have a lot of apps to build, but this one here will be most important for me to handle.

One of the important things I would like to get working, is scanning with the build-in scanner.
Before I bring one of the T26 scanners with me home, I would like to ask if some of you already know if it is possible to scan barcodes with the build-in scanner into appsheet?

Right now with the Power apps, we open the 'camera' on the T26 device, but it is super slow.
We are handling crazy much cargo through security and need to verify each cargo we handle, so we dont have time to 'wait' for the camera to open, focus on the barcode and bla bla.
Will appsheet be able to handle the scanned barcode and insert it into a field?

The barcode will be an AWB number like: 235-10022875
That number just has to be inserted into a field in appsheet called AWB#: 235-10022875

All the best

Solved Solved
0 9 992
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay, thanks for waiting.

Use your current field to just scan and add another one (can be a real column -suggested- or virtual) with the following:

CONCATENATE(
    LEFT(
    [ScannedAWB],
  ),
  "-",
  MID(
    SUBSTITUTE(
      [ScannedAWB],
      "-",
      ""
    ),
  )
)

This is an explanation of how it works by ChatGPT:

ChatGPT wrote:

This AppSheet expression takes a value from the column [ScannedAWB] and performs the following actions:

1. The LEFT function extracts the leftmost three characters from the [ScannedAWB] value.
2. The "-" character is appended to the extracted three characters.
3. The SUBSTITUTE function replaces all occurrences of "-" with an empty string in the [ScannedAWB] value.
4. The MID function extracts a substring starting from the fourth character (excluding the "-" character) and with a length of eight characters from the modified [ScannedAWB] value.
5. The extracted three characters from step 1 and the extracted eight characters from step 4 are concatenated together using the CONCATENATE function.

In summary, this expression takes the first three characters of [ScannedAWB], appends a hyphen ("-"), removes any existing hyphens, and then takes the next eight characters. The resulting string is the concatenation of the three initial characters, hyphen, and the next eight characters.

ChatGPT wrote:

If the value of [ScannedAWB] is "235100278410000001", the expression will generate the following output:

"235-10027841"

Explanation:
- The LEFT function extracts the leftmost three characters from [ScannedAWB], resulting in "235".
- The "-" character is appended to the extracted three characters, resulting in "235-".
- The SUBSTITUTE function removes the hyphen "-" from [ScannedAWB], resulting in "235100278410000001".
- The MID function extracts a substring starting from the fourth character and with a length of eight characters from the modified [ScannedAWB], resulting in "10027841".
- Finally, the CONCATENATE function combines the string "235-", obtained in step 2, with the string "10027841", obtained in step 4, resulting in the final output "235-10027841".

Quite usefull BTW

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Top Labels in this Space