prevent image saves to DCIM folder or Samsung Gallery

are there any ways, to prevent image that capture by phone camere, do not saved into samsung gallery or DCIM folder. its related to data confidentiality

Solved Solved
0 15 1,157
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the clarification.
I'm going to look into it. I'll post an update when I have news.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Nope

I believe there was a thread about this just the other day, @WillowMobileSys , I think you were responding to it?

Yes, there is a setting on the device for the AppSheet app to turn OFF using the camera roll.  At least on iphone but I would think there is an analogous setting on Android phones.

Take note...even though the app might not save the image onto the device, a user could still screen capture anything that is displayed.  Screen capture images DO go to the camera roll.  

As far as I know this is a iOS setting instead of an AppSheet one.

Although I think this is a good feature request that might be passed to the team to add it to the app itself for both OSes.

Bad thing they don't care about feature requests as much these days

As I said...it IS an AppSheet setting.  Below is a screenshot of my iPhone showing the settings of the AppSheet app.  Note the other Photo and Camera settings as well.

Pull out your device and check it out for yourself.

IMG_EF9E387C2669-1.jpeg

No, those are OS settings for the app. Those settings tell the OS what to allow the app to do.

I guess it's a matter of perspective.  In my mind they are AppSheet settings provided by the OS.  

I think those settings are provided by the OS considering the App's Manifest about the different sensors it needs to access to work properly.

In general, iOS has a more granular control over it compared to Android at this time.

That's why I think it would be good for the AppSheet app to provide a setting inside the app so that we can control if the photos can be seen from the gallery or not, without rellying on any OS

Thank you @SkrOYC for bringing this into my attention.

As I wrote in another thread, in Android pictures are saved to a separate AppSheet folder so it's somewhat separated from other pictures taken on that device. iOS don't separate pictures by app which is why we added the option for the user to hide pictures taken from AppSheet.

I am trying to understand if this is an ask from the user perspective (users don't want photos taken for work to appear in their personal camera roll/gallery) or from the app creator perspective (you don't want the users to have access to the images outside of the app)? I would appreciate if you can share more details about what are you trying to achieve.

Both, users complain about the pictures taken and also we need control over those images

So what you are asking for is a setting in editor which does the same thing as the setting the user has in iOS, right?

Both, setting on the editor to prevent images from being saved on the device as well as an option for each user to decide if they want to hide the images from their gallery

Thanks for the clarification.
I'm going to look into it. I'll post an update when I have news.

Hi all,

We've just added a new option in the editor to prevent images from being saved to the user's photo gallery/camera roll. You can find this option under UX -> Options -> Input.
Please note that this requires the user to have version 15.7 on Android or 15.2 on iOS or higher installed on their device. On earlier version the image would always be saved to the gallery.
Also, just a reminder that users can always use the device's screenshot feature to capture what's on screen.

Thanks @Gil, I appreciate a lot the work that's done behind the scenes.

Thanks again for letting us know

Top Labels in this Space