Khoros

<h1>Khoros</h1>

I discovered that this platform is built on top of something called Khoros, which is not made by Google.

My natural question is...

WHY DON'T DISCOURSE??!!

My level of disappointment is rocketing to new highs

1 3 158
3 REPLIES 3

Btw @AndrewB @Roderick 
You know any particular benefit from using this platform over Discourse?

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SkrOYC, Thanks for your feedback. While I can't get into the particulars about the tech-stack that powers the various Google Customer Communities, know that a lot goes into decisions on the tools we select.

Whether a Google first-party tool or one that is complimented by other partners, our first priority is the safety and security of our members and their data. While we have had to make some aesthetic tradeoffs to keep the trolls & spam at bay, know that we don't make any platform decisions lightly. We are actively listening to and welcome user experience feedback. (All of it.)

Thanks for being such an active contributor to the AppSheet Community. I hear loud and clear that you're a fan of Discourse! I think it's a pretty sweet platform too. 😉 What do you love about it? 

@Roderick wrote:

What do you love about it? 

@Steve already provided some of the most important stuff on this post.

I really miss the real-time feeling of the platform plus Markdown and keyboard shortcuts.

Discourse really feels like a powertool while GCC is just not meant for advance users, more of a new users space