Map Viz Limits

Hi!

I was trying to look for the limits in each map type and couldn’t find it in the guides

https://docs.looker.com/exploring-data/visualizing-query-results/interactive-map-options

As I work at Holidu, a vacation rentals metasearch, we have tons of geographical data we would like to use. However, I have faced limitations using zipcodes, lat/long and even custom map layers

Could anyone clarify what are the limits in each case? 

So far I have faced the following: 

show individual points for lat/long: maximum 5000? we would like to see how our vacation rentals concentrate and if you play around in our website you will see we have far more than 5000 🙂 

show total rentals in Germany by Zipcode:  I had to a custom layer as unfortunately Looker only has data for US zipcodes. I used this beautiful TopoJson file available in Git. It worked perfectly on Explore mode, showing all the areas corresponding to the zipcodes, but not in the Look. I have deleted row limit, so it’s not because we have this. 

We are now working with even more map layers (as we have our own definition of a vacational area for example) so I was wondering if someone could let me know better the limitations in each case and maybe workarounds. 

thanks!

2 3 540
3 REPLIES 3
Top Labels in this Space