Certificate not found

Hi there,
I am trying to deploy a certificate to a GCP load balancer. I was able to create the certificate, but when I try to get DNS authorization, it cannot find the certificate I just created.

sh-3.2$ gcloud certificate-manager certificates list
NAME             SUBJECT_ALTERNATIVE_NAMES  DESCRIPTION  SCOPE  EXPIRE_TIME  CREATE_TIME                 UPDATE_TIME
mydom-com  mydom.com                                             2024-01-31 06:56:08 +00:00  2024-01-31 06:56:09 +00:00

bash-3.2$ gcloud certificate-manager dns-authorizations describe mydom-com
ERROR: (gcloud.certificate-manager.dns-authorizations.describe) NOT_FOUND: Resource 'projects/xxxxxx/locations/global/dnsAuthorizations/mydom-com' was not found
- '@type': type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.ResourceInfo
  resourceName: projects/xxxxxx/locations/global/dnsAuthorizations/mydom-com

Any experiences like that?

thanks

jyb

Solved Solved
2 2 311
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Marvin_Lucero 

I fixed the issue by following the documentation step by step. Re-creating the dns-authorization following by the certificate it self.  I successfully created my certificat.
Thanks for your help !

jy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @jybateip ,

Based from the error that you have provided, the DNS authorization resource for the certificate "mydom-com" was missing.

Can you verify if it is ACTIVE? Use this command below:

gcloud certificate-manager certificates describe my-cert

replace "my-cert" with "mydom-com".

Next, verify the DNS authorization resource exists by using the command below:

gcloud certificate-manager dns-authorizations list --certificate mydom-com

Once you have verified that this is missing, reauthorize it. 

gcloud certificate-manager dns-authorizations authorize --certificate mydom-com

Let me know if this helps.

Hi @Marvin_Lucero 

I fixed the issue by following the documentation step by step. Re-creating the dns-authorization following by the certificate it self.  I successfully created my certificat.
Thanks for your help !

jy