Google Workspace Community Roundup: May 2022

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to our monthly Community Roundup series! Check out our latest news and upcoming events, along with new Community feature updates.

gws-roundup-may.png

May Tuesday Tips: Hybrid work

In May, we launched a new content series in the Google Workspace Community called Tuesday Tips! These posts are designed for Workspace admins in charge of set-up and adoption of Workspace at their companies. Each month we have a different theme, with our first month kicking it off with hybrid work

Here's a recap of our hybrid work Tuesday Tips:

1. Navigating hybrid work
  2. Hybrid work enablement and training
  3. Model and encourage digital wellbeing
  4. 5 meeting blueprints for hybrid work success
  5. Hybrid work with Google Workspace resources summary

Next month's theme is Admin Essentials. What topics do you want us to focus on next? 🤔 Please let us know in the comments!

See how Shaq uses Google Workspace to help run his successful business: Big Chicken

We’re honored to be small part of helping Big Chicken grow from a celebration of Shaquille O’Neal’s mom’s cooking into one of the most exciting new players in the restaurant franchise game. Check out the video below to see how Shaq and his team use Google Workspace

"If you want to talk to me, make sure you put it on my Google Calendar." - Shaquille O'Neal 

Explore the new learning path to the Professional Google Workspace Administrator Certification

gws-certification.png

In order to keep up with changing demands required of Google Workspace Administrators, we've rebranded the Professional Collaboration Engineer Certification to the Professional Google Workspace Administrator Certification and updated the learning path

The learning path now aligns with the improved admin console. We’ve also replaced the readings with videos for a better learning experience. In total, we added 17 new videos across 5 courses to match new features and functionality. 

Earn the Professional Google Workspace Administrator Certification to distinguish yourself among your peers and showcase your skills! Take it from Erik Geerdink, a Deployment Engineer and Pod Lead at SADA who holds the certification and has worked with Google Workspace for more than six years. When asked how the demand for certified Google Workspace Admins has changed recently, he says:

"Demand has absolutely gone up. We are growing so much, and we need more professionals with this certification. It’s required for all of our new hires. When I see a candidate that already has the certification, they go to the top of the list."

Google Workspace Admin FAQs: Billing and managing subscriptions

gws-admin-faqs-billing roundup.png
Earlier this year, the Google Workspace Team hosted a series of “Meet the Expert” webinars designed to help Google Workspace admins make the most of their account and set their organization up for success.

This session focused on how to understand billing and managing subscriptions for your Google Workspace account. The experts covered:
  • How to view your subscriptions and licensing settings
  • An overview of payment plans
  • The payment cycle, grace period, and suspension
  • How to view your invoice and understand your charges
  • How to upgrade, downgrade, purchase or cancel your subscription 
In case you missed it, no worries! We’ve documented all the questions and answers that were covered during the session for easy reference. 

If you have any questions that are not addressed here, please comment directly below and our team (or someone from the Community) can help you out. Plus, follow @AskWorkspace on Twitter to receive timely support and quick self-help tips.

June 15: Hybrid Community Meetup in London (with virtual option)

Collaboration today is about more than where you work. If you missed our Google Workspace Summit, then this is the perfect opportunity for you to discover what our security experts have to say about protecting your organization against security risks, and be among the first to learn about the latest collaboration tools and innovations.

Check out a few session highlights below, with the complete event agenda for onsite and virtual attendees here.  

• Google Workspace Roadmap Highlights
  • How Google Meet is enabling equity between office-based and home workers
  • Security tips to foster seamless collaboration
  • AppSheet: No Coding Required
  • Q&A Panel

In case you missed it: How to use and optimize AppSheet expressions

For app creators, expressions are a powerful way to customize behavior and add sophisticated logic throughout your app, from incorporating conditional statements and managing lists, to extracting data from images, detecting user details, and much more. 

However, it can be challenging to know which expressions to use where, and the best way to build them into your app to deliver the results you want.

Last month, the Community came together for AppSheet Office Hours focused on how to use and optimize expressions. Check out the session recording to learn more about:

• Types of expressions and when to use them
  • How to build and test expressions 
  • Common use cases with live demos

Additional resources on AppSheet expressions: 

Top five contributors in May

We love to see how many of you are eager to participate in the Community's discussions. Let’s take a quick look at who contributed the most by replies authored and topics published in the month of May. Please meet our top five contributors:

Thank you @kim_nilsson@icrew@KAM@StephenHind, and @CloudGuardians!  

Plus, our special shoutout for this month goes out to @icrew for the most authored solutions. Thank you! 

Are you ready to become our next top contributor? Learn all about how to contribute to the Community here.

Top three conversations in May

Here are our most popular discussions in the Google Cloud Community over the past month:

Looking for more topics and discussions? Visit our Google Workspace forums and join the conversation or start something new.

We hope you enjoy our new feature updates and thank you to all our Community members who continue to make this space an engaging and informative place to be. If you have any feedback, please feel free to add your thoughts to the Community Feedback forum here or add a comment directly to this post.

Make sure you don't miss out on the latest Community news, activities, or opportunities by subscribing to News & Announcements. To do so, go to the News & Announcements page and click on the blue button that says "Subscribe." You can also learn more about how to manage your subscriptions and notifications in this article here.

Thanks everyone. Until next time!

The Google Cloud Community Team

6 2 722
2 REPLIES 2

@Lauren_vdv love that Shaq testimonial!  I totally get his quote that, "Google Calendar is my girlfriend. I don't know anything I'm doing unless I talk to my woman."  -KAM

Hahah same! 😅