Search function not working properly on Delegated inbox

I recently started using Delegate feature on Gmail to allow all my users to access the main info inbox. Initially it worked perfectly fine but suddenly the search function is not working properly. 

Instead of showing a drop down of suggested emails and email addresses like it does for a normal search, it now only shows the labels created in the past. Then when you search (if you know the entire email address (if you have a good memory) and click enter, it will show a lot of emails, but not particularly relevant ones. 

I hope someone can help as our company was intending to use this quite extensively. 

I've included screenshots of what it should look like and what it actually looks like (compared to delegated vs not delegated). 

Skjรกmynd 2023-06-22 160844 amended.pngSkjรกmynd 2023-06-22 161011 amended.png

0 2 489
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @RyanConnolly , I access some mailboxes as a delegate, but relatively infrequently, thus I don't recall how things "used" to work vs. the current behaviors. In any case, I launched into one of my delegated mailboxes after reading your post here and my search box behaves the same as you describe (no auto-fill of email addresses). However, if I type anything into the search box, and then hit search, after a list of results pops up, "search chips" appear, and the first one on my screen is a "From" chip. Upon clicking in there, the auto-fill of email address appears to function as you desire. Perhaps this can be a workaround for you, despite the extra 1-2 clicks that are required. 

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 6.10.45 PM.png

Thank you for your response.

When I search a persons name and click enter it does provide a list of
emails but when comparing it to the same search when not in delegate mode,
it brings up a slightly different list. Some of the emails in the search
list are the same in both but strangely there are many that appear that
show no obvious relation to the search, e.g. when I search Ryan Connolly, a
number of emails appear that have nothing with the name Ryan Connolly in
it.

The only way I can make the search work (kind of well) is if I open the
advanced search function and type in the From box etc.

I do believe this issue with the search box only just started being an
issue and worked in delegate mode before, so I'm hoping there is a setting
I can change or something the google team can do to fix this glitch?

All the best,

Ryan Connolly

Marketing & Environmental Manager

Co-Owner
+(PII Removed by Staff)
| (PII Removed by Staff)
www.hiddeniceland.is
Fiskislรณรฐ 18 <>, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
<>

[image: https://www.facebook.com/hiddenicelandtours]
<>
<>