Google Bard API

My request to join the Bard preview was recently accepted and I've begun evaluating it. So far it looks amazing and I'm anxious to begin working with it as a developer. I asked Bard if there was an API that I can start to use and it responded with the information below. I cannot seem to find the API waitlist sign-up page in the Bard website, nor can I enable the API from my Cloud Account (https://cloud.google.com/),

Is there any additional action I should take to request to join the wait list for access to the Bard API? Perhaps I am too anxious and just need to wait. 😀

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Response from Bard itself:

Yes, there is an API for Google Bard. It is currently in beta and is available to a limited number of users. You can sign up for the waitlist on the Google AI website.

The Google Bard API allows you to access the power of Google's large language models to generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way.

You can use the Google Bard API to create a variety of applications, including:

• Chatbots that can hold conversations with users
  • Generators that can create content for websites and social media
  • Translators that can translate text from one language to another
  • Answerers that can answer questions about a variety of topics

To use the Google Bard API, you will need to create a Google Cloud Platform project and enable the Google Bard API. You will then need to create a service account and download the JSON key file.

Once you have done this, you can start using the Google Bard API in your applications. You can find more information about the Google Bard API on the Google AI website.

Solved Solved
25 52 419K
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Willie_Turney
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DeanS - thank you for your patience! We are excited to hear that you are ready to begin working with Google LLM API's as a developer. 😎 Check out the information below: 

🚀Register for the Google Cloud Innovators Program to stay informed on the latest updates and roadmap sessions.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

I followed the instructions, and I do not see Google Bard API being listed in the available services to enable for my GCP project. 

me too 

What is the URL for the Google Bard API waiting list?

Same here. I've been waiting. I got the beta access when Bard first launched and been using since the first day. I wish we find a way to get access to API 

Is it possible that the Bard API is accessed through the Vertex AI API? 

looks like for enterprise customers it is through Vertex AI LLM. 

Yes

Tyn
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

+1

When and how do we access the Google Bard API?

I would also like access to the Bard API !

Willie_Turney
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DeanS - thank you for your patience! We are excited to hear that you are ready to begin working with Google LLM API's as a developer. 😎 Check out the information below: 

🚀Register for the Google Cloud Innovators Program to stay informed on the latest updates and roadmap sessions.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing this info, I have joined the waitlist and also signed up for Google I/O. I live close so I can attend in person.

I have a simple question.

So it is under PalmAPI and not called as Bard API? 

Thanks,

Vivek

Hi @justvivek - 

Correct - it is not called Bard API. Thanks!

Thanks, very eager to wait to get access and try it out. 

Hi Justvivek, any updates ? Do you have access to PalmAPI ? 

i am using Bard as beta 

and, it says that Bard's API is limited to some beta users  only 

is it true?

Hi Willie,

Thanks for you answer. Do you know if the API version of Bard has access to search the web, similar to the web version?

I asked Bard itself and It said not, but I wanted to double-check.

Answer from Bard:

No, the Bard version that is available via API does not have access to search the web. It can only access information that is stored in its database. This is because the API is designed to be used for tasks that require a high degree of accuracy and reliability, such as generating text, translating languages, and writing different kinds of creative content. If the API had access to the web, it could be used to generate inaccurate or misleading information.

If you need to search the web, you can use a web browser or a search engine.

If anyone is interested, I tested both the Text model and the Chat model that are available via API and unlike bard, they don't have access to the Web. They are really good performing tasks that involve processing or generating text, but they are terrible providing factual data or answering questions where you need facts or up to date info.

Agreed.

I think it would be appreciated among the dev community if Google also released a Bard API (that is, the PaLM API, but with access to the web and real-time information). Currently, the only way to access Bard programmatically is by crafting an okHttp call with the __Secure-1PSID cookie copied over from the web browser -- which is clearly not scaleable.

Hay NickE  ,

I literally have the same issues..

Like there are many already existing llm which are good doing same old stuff like writing and transliterations .. 

But honestly the biggest requirement is a LLM which has access to the web.

Like beautiful BARD.

THE UNOFFICIAL WAY OF ACCESSING BARD IS ABSOLUTELY NOT SCALABLE.!!!

Need a solid official bard api so that we can easily integrate in our systems. Without any issues. 

And ppl are mistaken by palm api and bard .. they totally different! Palm dosnt have access to the net.

Well Hoping for a official release soon !! 🙂

Plz let meh know if theres any waitlist for OFFICIAL BARD Api x web.

Thankyou

Thanks @Willie_Turney  Joined the API waitlist! 😎 

Dear Willie,

Just to confirm, because development goes quickly, the current Google BARD API is accessible through a Beta release, for which you need to sign up for on a waiting list, and because it's Beta, at the moment, the API is working differently than the Browser version. The API is using the static data used to train the PaLM model, and doesn't have access to the internet (unlike the Browser version).

Is this a fair summary of the current situation?

I am looking for an alternative to OpenAI, and would need (for my task) access to the internet.

Thanks in advance for your time and reply.

Kind regards,

Gijs

Yes  your are right !!

The api key Google once relased "Bard" for selected few members. 

Also doesn't have access to the internet. Its just has info upto 2021.

Which is sad 🙂

Looking for official access of BARD x web api 

For commercial purpose as well.

Plz requesting google to give its developers some clarity wheather they will give official api acess or not.  Plz 🙏 

Thanks everyone 

hay willie_turney

its 6 august 2023, i am looking forward to access live bard.

the exact bard model in a formal official way. plz requestion google to let developers have acess to bard chat api with live feed of information. 

curiously waiting for the official access. 

plz release it soon need llms with real time data. 

i wanna use bard api for commercial purpose ! plzz consider my request willie_Turney.

Hello, sir. Daniel, the module's owner, and I are maintaining the BARDAPI Python module. We previously used __secure-1psid to access Bard AI; at the moment, it is not blocking that connection; instead, it displays an exception of the form SNIM0e Value Not Found and other similar exceptions. Please assist, sir, so that we can access the module. I'm from India, though. If not, what steps must be taken in order for us to use Bard API in our programs?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, sir. Daniel, the module's owner, and I are maintaining the BARDAPI Python module. We previously used __secure-1psid to access Bard AI; at the moment, it is not blocking that connection; instead, it displays an exception of the form SNIM0e Value Not Found and other similar exceptions. Please assist, sir, so that we can access the module. I'm from India, though. If not, what steps must be taken in order for us to use Bard API in our programs?

Please Help me out on this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello. Thank you for your kind response.

I wonder if the answers received through the API are different from those of Bard? If so, when is the official API of Bard expected to be released? Is the API that will be provided in next year's Bard Advanced service the true Bard API service?

This is amazing news! Thanks so much, Willie. YES!!!

Happy to help! 

Thanks for sharing above info ,
How to Join  Bard preview version 

Now it is public so you can access using https://bard.google.com/

Before to this, I received an email to join the beta or preview of bard. I believe that is because I am also part of Pixel Superfan community. 

🙂 

Thanks for the info

I asked the same question and I got an answer but looks like BARD is having hallucination, where LLMs generate very plausible but fanciful response. 

How much time it take to get access to API? I am already in waiting-list for 4 days. Is it paid or free? 

Hello. I am the author of the unofficial Python package called Google Bard API. Please refer to the following website: https://github.com/dsdanielpark/Bard-API

I developed this API for testing some features due to the prolonged delay of the official API for over two months. I am not receiving any compensation under the MIT license.

However, I will announce this GitHub package to Google, and if they request its removal, I will delete the project accordingly.

Could you please provide me with Google's stance on this API and when the official API will be released?

I strongly support Google and eagerly await the official API. If there is anyone else I should contact regarding this matter, please let me know. I do not intend to harm Google and am rooting for its success.

Thank you.

Excellent work here @parkminwoo . I will check this out!

I'm testing this unofficial API, and when you follow the instructions on GitHub (readme pages) repo, the results are very comparable with the web BARD interface. 

i want use google bard api in own individual project but i am not able getting google bard api.I implemented palm api and __secure1psid got from browser cookies both are working good but __securesid gone expired beetween 5 to 10 minutes.i want use individually google bard api please mention to a best reply where i can get google bard api.if google not providing yet so please mention it as well.