Google Bard API

My request to join the Bard preview was recently accepted and I've begun evaluating it. So far it looks amazing and I'm anxious to begin working with it as a developer. I asked Bard if there was an API that I can start to use and it responded with the information below. I cannot seem to find the API waitlist sign-up page in the Bard website, nor can I enable the API from my Cloud Account (https://cloud.google.com/),

Is there any additional action I should take to request to join the wait list for access to the Bard API? Perhaps I am too anxious and just need to wait. 😀

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Response from Bard itself:

Yes, there is an API for Google Bard. It is currently in beta and is available to a limited number of users. You can sign up for the waitlist on the Google AI website.

The Google Bard API allows you to access the power of Google's large language models to generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way.

You can use the Google Bard API to create a variety of applications, including:

• Chatbots that can hold conversations with users
  • Generators that can create content for websites and social media
  • Translators that can translate text from one language to another
  • Answerers that can answer questions about a variety of topics

To use the Google Bard API, you will need to create a Google Cloud Platform project and enable the Google Bard API. You will then need to create a service account and download the JSON key file.

Once you have done this, you can start using the Google Bard API in your applications. You can find more information about the Google Bard API on the Google AI website.

Solved Solved
25 52 420K
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Willie_Turney
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DeanS - thank you for your patience! We are excited to hear that you are ready to begin working with Google LLM API's as a developer. 😎 Check out the information below: 

🚀Register for the Google Cloud Innovators Program to stay informed on the latest updates and roadmap sessions.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

Is there a difference between a PaLM API key and a Bard API key?

I have the former, and have been doing some tests. When I ask "What's today's date?", Bard (https://bard.google.com) gets it correct, but PaLM gives me random dates in the neighborhood of 4-6 months ago.

There is no such thing as Bard API. Bard is a Chatbot with access to the search the web and only available via Web interface. The API equivalent are the models accessible through Palm/Vertex but those don’t have access to the web.

When I search Bard API in the API services section of my GCP account, I cannot find it. Did I miss something in the process ?

Bard is only the name of the consumer LLM chatbot. What you are looking for is the PaLM API in Vertex AI: https://cloud.google.com/vertex-ai/docs/generative-ai/start/quickstarts/api-quickstart

Hi Andrew. Could enterprises use Bard API? and is it going to be free? I imagine not, but is there any pricing plan? How does it compare with using VertexAI models in term of deployments and cost?

There is no such thing as Bard API.

Palm and VertexAI models are the equivalent to Bard, but those models don’t have access to search the web like Bard does.

Someone asked before and they were said there is. I actually will be kinda surprised 

Yes !!

But do you have any idea is to how developer can use "Brower bard " or "BARD X web"  for commercial purposes 

WOW!!! Great to know that! 

Guess I'll just keep using the openai api. Shame Google is moving so slow in this

Everything works so far. but for the vertex ai chat api i just can get access through oauth. in my unreal application i do not have the possibility for oauth. can i please have a regular api key to get access.
I mean, it's my own responsibility to handle the api keys securely

I have searched there is nothing like bars AI api in the Google console