Action should be ignored on update

I have an action to insert records in TABLE2 on a form SAVE on TABLE1. This works great, but it sometimes necessary for information on TABLE1 to be edited. Now on the EDIT of this record, the form SAVE inserts a new record in TABLE2 because of the action. I only need the data in TABLE1 to change and ignore the action to insert a record in TABLE2. Basically, i need the action to run on a NEW insert and be ignored on an EDIT of a record.

Solved Solved
0 7 109
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

create your action add2, which will go to the form to create. It is possible in another way. There are several options. or make an action that will go to the edit form and assign this action when a row is selected in the desired form

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

condition for action if maxrow did not change help you?

Or if this is not a bot, create a new form for editing, after which a new entry will not be created. and edit in it

Thanks @koma25 Let me try to create a separate Edit Form and revert.

OK, I have created another form, "Customers Edit Form" essentially a copy of the "Customers Add Form", but the Edit version do not run the Action on Form Save. BUT,

How do I point the app to use the different forms? Basically, When the "+" button is clicked on the Deck view, it should call the "ADD" form, and when the row is selected, it should call the "EDIT" form. At the moment, both actions call the same form.

Please see the screen prints below.Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 11.25.09.png

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 11.29.34.png

create your action add2, which will go to the form to create. It is possible in another way. There are several options. or make an action that will go to the edit form and assign this action when a row is selected in the desired form

Perfect. Thanks a million.

Hi @andriesellis 

Will request you to post such queries in "Q&A" section in future.

Always happy to help

Top Labels in this Space