Calendar view using interactive dashboard filter

Mimicking the demo app " Slice based on user input", I have an interactive dashboard filter that should allow me to select a Client Name using table Filter-Client. That bit works ok. Then it should show on the calendar all dates that the client has (previously) attended.

With this formula

CONTAINS(Register[Attendees],ANY(Filter_Client[Client Name]))

in a slice (looking at Register table) for the calendar view, Iโ€™ve managed to get the calendar to recognise that, for example, Anton has attended before, but it shows ALL the dates, even those that he didnโ€™t attend. In other words, itโ€™s a yes/no response.

How do I get the formula to check which dates Anton was an attendee and then return just those dates on the calendar view.

2X_4_4156e50f62796951cac07115aaebdd7748ced057.jpegT

Any pointers much appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 9 1,696
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I wasnโ€™t completely sure how you were using the original expression.

For the slice filter criteria, you simply need to wrap the expression I provided with another IN() function. I am assuming that you have access to the RegisterID value is some way such as directly in a column in the โ€œClient Attendance Calendarโ€ slice row or through a Ref column. If you donโ€™t, be sure to add it.

IN([RegisterID],
   SELECT(Register[RegisterID], 
          IN(ANY(Filter_Client[Client Name]
             ), 
             [Attendees]
          )
   )
)

Note that I used RegisterID in two places. AppSheet should be able to figure out from context that the first is in the Slice dataset and the second is from the Register table.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Top Labels in this Space