Null input data in bot

So I’m running into an issue when a bot executes whilst saving record against a table.

Background… My app is displaying data via an API that is in front of my database. I want my initial view to show rows by their numeric ID in descending order, I created a database VIEW. This view accomplished what I wanted.

Process… On my table view, I have the following action.

This process loads the form correct and allows me to input data. I selected this process because I have a database trigger that adds the primary key to the table. With my database I can’t insert a record in the view because my primary key is null. I have to insert the data into the primary table. That’s fine. I thought I would create a new action and call the form that is linked to the primary table and add data that way.

Problem… Based upon a selection on the form I need to modify a couple of columns before the data is “synced” with my database. I created a bot to accomplish this. I have the bot defined correctly and it’s getting called as I can see in the AppSheet Monitoring page. However, the data coming over from the bot is null for all values. See below image.

Is there any idea why the payload going into the bot would be null for my values? I find this odd because my data does post to the backend correctly. I would assume that it’s a timing issue.

0 6 351
6 REPLIES 6
Top Labels in this Space