Public App Question

I need to create an app to get sales information from our 3rd party distributors, now the issue is with the scale, buying each and every one of those people a GWS license doesn't make sense financially - so publisher pro license came into consideration. I have 2 questions regarding this.

1. We have enterprise standard licenses, if we want to make a public app do we need a separate publisher pro license?
  2. The public side will only be uploading data to the system there is no requirement for them to view that data (We have purchased licenses for the regional managers who oversee the sales so any sales data that is uploaded is visible to them in another separate app I created). is there a way for the public app allow users to login or is that against TOS?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My initial plan was to create 2 separate apps, one for most of the requirement's flow and one for the public facing data entry only part. I was going to create a user setting for the Truck Number (which will be required) as the foreign key of my sales data entry part. I was going to use user settings anyways for language as the people entering the data are not going to be able to/ want to read English (I realize reading this out loud may not make any form of sense but hey in my head it is ๐Ÿค”)

Solved Solved
0 5 114
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

1) Yes, 2) Authentication is not possible with Publisher Pro and 3) Yes you can create multilinguage app with Usersettings if you have a translation table.

View solution in original post

If the app user uses the app always with the same device, then yes it remembers it. The Usersettings is saved to device's memory and if the user opens the app with a different device, then it doesn't know it thought. If that's a normal situation, one workaround is to have a Users table where you have these values saved. Then it doesn't matter if the device is the same or not.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

1) Yes, 2) Authentication is not possible with Publisher Pro and 3) Yes you can create multilinguage app with Usersettings if you have a translation table.

Thanks for the quick clarification @AleksiAlkio!,

I have created a multilingual app before but my question would be can I use the same user settings to add an Identification number user needs to input (I do not need a password) I simply need to identify that X data was input by Y  Truck.

Will it be the remembered the next time they open the app or will it have to be reentered at a certain frequency? (I was thinking of a way to make this fixed as a one time setup thing and then you are good to go) 

If the app user uses the app always with the same device, then yes it remembers it. The Usersettings is saved to device's memory and if the user opens the app with a different device, then it doesn't know it thought. If that's a normal situation, one workaround is to have a Users table where you have these values saved. Then it doesn't matter if the device is the same or not.

Thanks @AleksiAlkio ! This helps me in fact because each of our trucks will get a tablet that runs the public app so UserSettings will work great, even if the driver/user changes the app will still be linked to the respective truck. ๐Ÿ˜‡

Good to hear!

Top Labels in this Space