REF_ROWS virtual column not using correct inline view

rheric

I’ve encountered an issue that I cannot resolve.

I created a slice, and the slice works as expected. However, when I update the system-generated “Related” virtual column to use that slice instead of the original table, the expression comes back valid, the test data looks correct (testing the Slice and testing the REF_ROWS expression), but the Inline View still displays the values from the table not the slice.

The Test Data for the ClassAttendees Slice, showing the row that should be excluded:

The “Related StudentAttendances” column expressions is REF_ROWS(“ClassAttendees”, “ClassID”). The Test Data for the column:

I did notice that the expression outcome (leftmost column) has the correct IDs from the StudentAttendance table (3 values), where the actual data in the column (rightmost column) has the 4 values from the table, not the slice.

I even manually created a VC to use the slice, and got the same test results pictured immediately above.

The Detail View is clearly still using the system-generated inline view that uses the table. The highlighted row should NOT be displayed according to the slice:

3X_d_8_d8b0a5c8572b6f3c35109327e8d22d6ce1484161.png

EDIT: I noticed that the header shows the correct count - “Attendees (3)”, but the view shows 4 records!

I had asked a related question about inline views here and it was indicated that an Inline View should have been created automatically for the Slice (ClassAttendees_Inline), but no inline view was created for the slice, even when I updated the REF_ROWS expression. I manually created an Inline View for the Slice, and that Inline view omits the row correctly.

Did I miss something in configuring the Related StudentAttendance column? How do I get it to use an inline view that isn’t the system generated one?

Solved Solved
1 3 450
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

These should match:

3X_d_2_d249b421c07dbb76d2b6f0304abb8061829e3629.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Top Labels in this Space