Simple checkbox

Hi people!

I'm pretty sure this issue was covered earlier, but everything I have read so far is more complicated than what I need. Since I am a beginner in AppSheet, please bear with me.

I am building a sort of task management app. I would like to have an empty checkbox (with a label), filled/checked when pressed. This should happen in the form view.

When the checkbox is pressed there is no change of text format, no change of view, checkbox doesn't disappear, etc. There is only a change in the status of the checkbox, i.e. it is checked.

I would like to use the change of checkbox status to trigger some changes to other columns but this is another issue.

My questions are:

- What kind of column do I need to choose? Is it yes/no, Enum or EnumList, or something else?

- What is the role, if any, of the format rule, and how do I apply it?

-What is the role of action, and how do I apply it?

Thank you in advance!

Solved Solved
0 2 190
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello, 

The type of your column ([format ?] must be yes/no. Then, when you save your new row, use a bot to modify the columns you want if [format ?]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello, 

The type of your column ([format ?] must be yes/no. Then, when you save your new row, use a bot to modify the columns you want if [format ?]

Thank you so much!

Top Labels in this Space