Update User Settings in Alternate view

I want my users to be able to edit some user settings in a view that isn't the default option that is restricted to the menu navigation. Is this possible? For example within a dashboard view or the primary navigation. 

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 7.05.39โ€ฏPM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 7.07.26โ€ฏPM.png

0 2 103
2 REPLIES 2

As far as I know, you are not able to change the position. One workaround is to create a LINKTOVIEW() action and open it through that. 

I would consider making a static table for user variables. You basically just need an email column and a new column for every user variable you want to employ. Then, just have 1 row for each user and security filter by [email]=USEREMAIL(). You can also have appsheet generate the row for the user if you don't want to back-fill the list of users.

To access a variable, instead of using USERSETTINGS('column_name'), you can use ANY(user_variable[column_name]). This of course is assuming you name your variable table 'user_variable'.

This concept gives you much more flexibility than the native USERSETTINGS table. It also works better client side so that you do not have to sync after saving if you don't want. In addition, you can set values through actions rather than navigating to a form.

Top Labels in this Space