Google Cloud Community Roundup: 2022 Year in Review!

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

gcc-community-roundup-2022.png

Hello Google Cloud Community! We're deviating slightly from our regularly scheduled monthly Community Roundup series to take a look back at not just what happened in December, but everything we've accomplished together in 2022.

We're featuring top contributors, the most active conversations, popular events, learning challenge winners, and more. Let's dive in!

Google Cloud Community 2022 stats at-a-glance

• 😀 The Google Cloud Community welcomed 49,367 new members 
  • 4.3 million minutes were spent by members on the Community
  • 👨‍💻 There were 1.9 million visits to the Community
  • ✍️  Members contributed 25,905 posts and gave 12,112 kudos  

Top contributors

The Community would not be what it is without our invaluable members. We appreciate each and every person who visits and contributes - making it a friendly, helpful, and rewarding place to be. 

gcc-community-2022.png

Below are a few shoutouts to folks who go above and beyond. Share your appreciation with a comment below! 

Cloud Forums

Solution authors@API-Evangelist @VishalBulbule @Arnaduga @RC1 @SebastianG

See the full leaderboard here

👍 Kudos (likes) received@API-Evangelist @Bodya @naveen4b3 @Arnaduga @Yaudim

👨‍💻 Visits@aramkrishna6 @API-Evangelist @Aravind @Giupo @priyashikhar

👍 Kudos (likes) given@optimism @stewypunk @Clouds @Yazz @BOAVENTURA 

Honorable mentions and shoutouts: 

@glen_yu has been a longstanding pillar of the Google Cloud Community, consistently showing up for other members, providing helpful and thoughtful responses, and crushing Google Cloud certifications and credentials. Thank you Glen for all you do!

@DamianS Thank you for your contributions across the Cloud Forums. In just a few months of joining the Community, you've helped answer a ton of questions, and even provided feedback around the Community site. We appreciate all your help! 

@morpheus Thank you for asking and answering questions in the Data Analytics forum

@VishalBulbule Big thank you for helping fellow Community members across Infrastructure and Data Analytics.

Learning & Certification Hub

Solution authors: @Abhishek213 @brlikhon @Akshat512 @SidVjSingh @saumya_prasad 

👍 Kudos (likes) received:  @Abhishek213 @smitop @Richard_Rivero @SidVjSingh @Bholoubi

👨‍💻 Visits: @Babar_Ali @dehscardoso @Abhishek213 @Richard_Rivero @SidVjSingh 

👍 Kudos (likes) given: @Bholoubi @kim_nilsson @Abhishek213 @Richard_Rivero @davidregalado25 

Googlers

Here our top contributing Googlers! This is not including Community Managers (more on those folks is further below🙂).

Solution authors: @dchiesa1 @ErnestoC @strebel @grobledo @comaro

👍 Kudos (likes) received:  @dchiesa1 @msoss @strebel @omkarsuram_ @Teresa_Pato 

👨‍💻 Visits: @dchiesa1 @HectorArturo @Jagadeeshm @ErnestoC @comaro 

👍 Kudos (likes) given: @dchiesa1@kumards @dionnenoella @dknezic @markjkelly 

Honorable mentions and shoutouts: 

Thank you @alexmoore for your contributions to the Cloud Forums - answering questions and taking time out of your day to support users goes a long way. Thank you!

Thank you @knet and @etaim for helping out with Serverless-related questions. We all appreciate your time and dedication to the Community! 

Special thanks to @kolban! You have been a pillar to the Community since launch. Thanks a ton!

A BIG thank you to @abdelfettah. Your help across the Cloud Forums is invaluable! 

Thank you to @ghh for helping out with Dataform questions! 

Thank you @cameronperon for leading the charge with the Apigee Community events, content, and advocates! 

Google Cloud Community Conversations

In 2022, there were 25,905 posts published to the Google Cloud Community. Wow! Let's break down what these were all about and highlight some of the most popular topics.

The most popular Cloud Forum by page views in 2022 was Apigee, followed by the Cloud Hub, Infrastructure: Compute, Storage, Networking, Data Analytics, and Serverless.

Breaking it down even further, here's a word cloud with some of the most popular topics from the Cloud Forums. The size of the word indicates how often it was discussed. 

Google Cloud Community Forums wordcloud.png

Google Cloud Community Events

We held 19 Google Cloud Community events in 2022 on topics ranging from serverless to cost optimization and many more in between (see all our events on-demand here!)

Our most viewed events in 2022 were as follows: 

Is there a topic you want us to cover next? Please let us know by leaving a comment below. We'd love to hear from you!

Google Cloud Community Blogs

We published 15 Google Cloud Community blogs in 2022, including best practices, certification guides, tutorials, and much more (see all our blogs here!).

Our most viewed blogs in 2022 were as follows: 

Is there a topic you want us to cover next? Please let us know by leaving a comment below. We'd love to hear from you!

Learning & Certification Hub

The Learning & Certification Hub was busy this year! In 2022, there were more than 10 learning challenges, nearly 1,000 posts in Cloud Learning Logs, and hundreds of newly-certified Cloud professionals sharing their accomplishments in the Cloud Certified Group forum.

Other highlights include a new Google Cloud Certified digital toolkit, the first quarterly Learning & Certification Hub newsletter, Certification prep webinars, and a new Google Cloud Skills Boost Annual Subscription offering.

A few of the most popular challenges in 2022 were:

Other challenges included the Diwali Challenge, #GoogleClout, the Spring Cleaning Challenge, Sports Data Challenge, the Halloween Challenge, and most recently, the Holiday Express. 

Congratulations to everyone who participated in 2022. We're looking forward to even more to come in 2023 and can't wait to see what you can do! 

Did you have a favorite challenge from 2022? or a favorite prize? Please let us know your thoughts in the comments! 

Thank you from the Google Cloud Community team 

On behalf of the Google Cloud Community team, thank you to everyone who has made the Community such a rewarding place to be - members, visitors, customers, partners, Googlers... thank you all.

And we can't forget our Community Managers. Thank you @AndrewB @Willie_Turney @shanefeely @Roderick @carrie @emily927 @Michelle and @kasey.

We couldn't do it without you!

We're looking forward to even more to come for the Google Cloud Community in 2023, including new ways for members to get involved, shiny new badges, improved user experiences, more live events and how-to blogs, and much more.

Have ideas or feedback? Please let us know in the comments or by creating a post in the feedback forum. We'd love to hear from you. 

Thank you and happy new year! 

13 10 4,559
10 REPLIES 10

Thank you mentioning my name there, it was a great year 2022, I started many new technologies and also got into this great community to learn.

Now the year 2023, has a lot to offer everyone of us, and in my case it's my college placement year, wish me luck guys 😅 (if you don't mind to).

I really just want to be connected to this community as long as I can, so will be looking for a suitable job role this year too.

Thanks again for mentioning my name here 😊😁 @Lauren_vdv 

Happy clouding ☁️ 💓 guys

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for being an incredible part of the Community @SidVjSingh. We wish you best of luck with all your future endeavors! 🙌

Thanks a lot, it means a lot to me 😇😊

AndrewB
Community Manager
Community Manager

Huge shout out to all of you who come here to participate and share your knowledge with others! 

Thank you so much @Lauren_vdv  for featuring my contribution here , its very pleasent surprise.

Happy to be a part of this community and will continue this learning journy in this year too.

Oh my,

such a recognition. Thanks for mentioning my name here. It's more than pleasure to be here and be able to help. 💪

glen_yu
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Wow -- I just realized I've been a member since 2018 (since the prev. iteration of the community forums). 😅

I am delighted to be mentioned by you. I am extremely lucky to be part of such a wonderful community where we can say each member acts like a rivet, just like an aeroplane would not fly without rivets. In the same way, communities are nothing without the hard-working admins, moderators and volunteers who answer questions from participants, motivate and assist them. 

Thanks all  @Lauren_vdv   @AndrewB @Willie_Turney @shanefeely @Roderick_G  @kolban@carrie @emily927 @Michelle and @kasey.

Thank you for the mention!! 😍

--
Best regards
David Regalado
Web | Linkedin | Twitter

thnk u for mentioning me in the appreciation post ..it means a lot to me ..
always happy to help others and would like to thnk everyone here who supported me in every way . 

thnk u so much .
have a fruitful day ahead